Mould Removal

Mould Removal

Fungi and mould have existed on earth since life first began and results in the natural decomposition (recycling) of organic materials. In current housing & business premises (the built environment) fungi and mould can damage organic materials used in construction.

The growth of fungi and mould on materials in your property can affect human health depending on the extent of the growth, the length of exposure and the health status of the exposed occupants.

Mould growth depends on several inter-related factors, including:

  • The amount of moisture present or generated
  • Insufficient ventilation in terms of air changes per hour
  • The thermal properties of the building
  • The degree to which the house is heated
  • The surface absorption of the walls, floors and ceiling

The growth of mould in a house or building can become cause illness.  The most common symptoms from the exposure to mould in indoor environments are:

  • Runny nose
  • Eye Irritation
  • Coughs
  • Congestion’s
  • Aggravation of Asthma
  • Headache
  • Flu-like Symptoms
  • Fatigue & Skin Rash
  • Immediate Response
  • Detailed Damage Assessment Report
  • Electrical Test – where required
  • Plumbing Test – where required
  • Mould Treatment
  • Initial Gut Out of Irreversibly Damaged Structure & Contents
  • Debris removal
  • Salvage and protection of Contents & Furniture
  • Secondary Mould Treatment
  • Monitored Drying of Contents & Furniture
  • Safely Packing Contents & Furniture
  • Storage Facilities
  • Laundry & Dry Cleaning Service – available if required
  • Structural Drying
  • Final Mould Treatment
  • Deodorisation

Tip: Never allow the operation of air movers or dehumidifiers if you believe mould to be present. The use of this equipment may disperse mould spores throughout the property unnecessarily creating a major health hazard.

Rapid RV
a short